Overlooking Chesil Beach in West Dorset and situated in unspoiled countryside, this World Heritage site is simply magical.
Moonfleet is situated in idyllic countryside (a little off the beaten track), just five miles away from the seaside resort of Weymouth.
Moonfleet Manor, Fleet Road, Weymouth, Dorset DT3 4ED
Call: 01305 786948
From London/the south
- Travel on the M3 to the M27, to the A31 for Bournemouth/Poole, then onto the A35 for Dorchester and A354 Weymouth.
- From Dorchester head to the A354 to Weymouth (new bypass). On reaching the ‘Jurassic’ roundabout take the second exit marked ‘Town Centre A354’
- This will then take you straight to another roundabout: take the second exit (All Routes).
- At the third roundabout (with Morrisons supermarket just visible on left) go straight across, signed A354 (Portland)
- At the fourth roundabout, take the third turning, signposted Chickerell/Bridport & Granby Industrial Estate (with a brown sign for Water Gardens)
- At the fifth roundabout, with Weymouth FC on your right, head straight across. On approaching the traffic lights stay in the right hand lane and go straight over to the next set of traffic lights at a T-junction (an army cadet camp is straight in front of you). Turn right at these lights.
- You will approach a small roundabout painted on the road: turn left at this junction and continue for exactly two miles – Moonfleet sits at the very bottom of this winding road. You may feel like you’ve taken a wrong turn (at some point you might ask yourself, “Will I end up at a farm?”), but just keep going!
From Exeter/the West
- Take the Honiton road onto the A35 towards Bridport.
- Continue on the B3157, passing through Abbotsbury.
- At Chickerell, go straight across at the small roundabout painted on the road.
- Continue for exactly two miles – Moonfleet sits at the very bottom of this winding road.
Note to sat nav users: Our postcode is shared with other properties within a five-mile radius, so to avoid arriving at the wrong location please insert “Fleet Road” as well as the postcode; or for ease, use the written directions above.
Driving an electric car? You can charge it at our POD Points on-site. Find out more on our Facilities page.
The nearest train station is Weymouth, approximately seven miles away. Services from London are from Waterloo and come via Southampton and Bournemouth. This service is hourly and from London the journey time is 2.5 hours. Taxis are available at the station if needed to take you to the hotel.