Children are welcome to explore the house and stretch their imaginations. We understand that a holiday is only a holiday if everyone has a break, and that’s why we offer free childcare filled with fun activities, meaning that adults can relax while children play.
And play they will: watch them climb trees and have games in the grounds, sit back while they make shapes in the sand pit, or take them rock pooling at nearby coves. Let them revel in the kind of freedom that the countryside affords, having fun in the fresh air. And if the weather’s not so clever, you can let them loose in the indoor play area or have a splash about in our heated indoor pools.
While family time is wonderful, we also know that sometimes parents crave an afternoon off or a quiet evening meal together. Our children’s club and activities will give you just that freedom, with 90 minutes’ complimentary childcare on each day of your Moonfleet retreat. We even run a Sunday Breakfast Club, collecting your children and entertaining them, so that you can enjoy a lie-in. Be sure to book childcare sessions in advance to secure your spot.
With our superb range of activities, there are fun things to see and do for children of all ages – meaning you’ll never need to worry that older ones will be bored, or that younger ones will feel left out.
Here are just some of the things we do to make life easy with babies, toddlers and older children:
Baby-friendly hotels create baby-friendly holidays (and very happy parents). At Moonfleet Manor, we’ve thought of everything.
- Four Bears Den: Our Ofsted-registered crèche is suitable for babies from three months old and has a designated baby area with age-appropriate toys, a cot and a pushchair. Enjoy a free 90 minutes of childcare in our crèche for each day of your stay.
- Baby listening: Switch on the complimentary baby listening system and enjoy some much needed time as a couple. If your child wakes up or makes a noise, the listening panel at reception will be immediately alerted.
- Baby equipment: We’ll help take the strain out of packing by providing baby equipment, including cots (wooden and travel), changing mats, nappy bins, bottle warmers and sterilisers. Just call in advance to let us know what you need.
- Swimming: Our separate baby pool provides a safe space for parents and little ones to have a dip together.
Take a look at our spacious double rooms and family suites.
The perfect toddler-friendly holiday does exist – all you need to do is find a thoroughly toddler-friendly hotel. You may just be in luck…
- Childcare: Our Ofsted-registered crèche is every toddler’s idea of heaven. Drop your little ones off each day for 90 minutes free of charge. We also offer babysitting outside of crèche times for an additional fee: perfect if you fancy a romantic dinner for two.
- Children’s dining: Dine together as a family, whenever it suits you. Our specially designed children’s menu contains options that are healthy and fun, but there’s also the option of toddler-sized portions of adult meals.
- All-weather play: You need never worry about the weather spoiling your children’s fun. The Verandah is a huge space chock-full of ride-on toys, trampolines, a skittle alley, indoor football pitch and under-fives’ play area.
- Outdoors: Have fun with our climbing frame and sandpit, or join other little ones on a ‘Toddle Waddle’ – a guided walk through the grounds, discovering mini-beasts along the way.
- Swimming: Splash around in our 5m x 3m baby pool, perfect for those under three, or take braver swimmers to try out the slightly bigger 1m-deep beginner’s pool.
- Toddler equipment: Don’t worry about carting along a mass of equipment: we’ll lighten your load by making sure your room is well stocked with toddler essentials such as toilet seats and night-lights.
Take a look at our family rooms.
Find the right child-friendly hotel and an unforgettable child-friendly holiday suddenly seems so easy. At Moonfleet Manor, we’ve got it all taken care of.
- Children’s club: For children up to eight years old, there is a wealth of activities and games on offer at our Ofsted-registered Four Bears Den.
- Indoor fun: Weather needn’t cancel play: our Verandah has ride-on toys, table tennis, a pool table, a traversing climbing wall, air hockey, trampolines, a skittle alley, an indoor football pitch, slack line and free play arcade machines.
- Mini golf: Have some fun at our Dino Crazy Golf in the Verandah building. On this nine-hole course, you’ll compete against one another to win the title of Dino Golf champion. Time slots are bookable through hotel reception.
- Outdoor adventures: Run wild around the trees and lawns, play tennis on our hard courts, try geocaching, or walk along the coast path with Snoopy the spaniel.
- Swimming: Bigger children can splash about to their heart’s content in our medium pool, or enjoy family fun in the largest, 1.4m-deep pool.
- Family escape room: With one hour to find the clues, solve the puzzles, and locate the riddle that will unlock the door, families can join together to see if they will be able to escape in time. The challenges are created so that every person can approach them, whether five or 85 years old. Available Monday to Friday at 2pm, 3pm and 4pm.
- Guided fossil walks: During school holidays, Andrew – our resident gardener and fossil expert – offers the chance to do some fossil hunting right by the hotel (just check the list of days and times in reception). It’s a couple of miles’ walk during the talk and you will get a chance to find crinoid and other interesting Jurassic Coast fossils, and perhaps even take one home with you!
- Flexible mealtimes: Dine whenever it suits you, with your children or without. Our children’s menu features age-appropriate portions and ‘mocktails’ for sophisticated young ones.
Find the perfect family room for you.