Children are welcome to explore the house and stretch their imaginations with our fascinating collection of colonial artefacts. We understand that a holiday is only a holiday if everyone has a break, that’s why we offer free childcare filled with fun activities so that the adults can relax while the children play.
And play they will: watch them climb trees and have games in the grounds, sit back while the little ones enjoy the sand pit or take them rockpooling at nearby coves. Let them revel in the kind of freedom that the countryside affords, having fun in the fresh air. And if the weather’s not so clever, you can let them loose in the indoor play area or have a splashabout in our three heated indoor pools.
While family time is wonderful, we also know that parents crave an afternoon off, an unwinding massage, or a quiet evening meal together. Our crèche facilities and other activities will give you just that freedom, with two hours’ complimentary childcare on each day of your Moonfleet retreat. We’ll even collect the children on Sunday mornings so that you can enjoy a lie in while our nanny entertains them.
With our superb range of activities, there are fun things to do and see for children of all ages. You need never worry that the older ones will be bored, nor that the younger ones will feel left out.
Here are just some of the things we do to make life easy with babies, toddlers and older children:
Baby friendly hotels create baby friendly holidays (and very happy parents). At Moonfleet Manor, we’ve thought of everything.
- Childcare Our Ofsted-registered crèche is suitable for babies from three months old and has a designated baby area with age appropriate toys, cot and pushchair. Enjoy two free hours of childcare in our crèche for each day of your stay.
- Baby listening Switch on the complimentary baby-listening system and enjoy some much needed time as a couple. If your child wakes up or makes a noise, the listening panel at reception will be immediately alerted.
- Baby equipment We’ll help take the strain out of packing by providing baby equipment, including cots (wooden and travel), changing mats, nappy bins, bottle warmers and sterilisers. Just call in advance to let us know what you need.
- Swimming Our separate baby pool provides a safe space for parents and little ones to have a dip together.
To take a look at our spacious double rooms and family suites, click here.
The perfect toddler friendly holiday does exist – all you need to do is find a thoroughly toddler friendly hotel. You may just be in luck…
- Crèche and babysitting Our Ofsted-registered crèche is every toddler’s idea of heaven. Drop your little ones off each day for two hours free of charge. We also offer babysitting outside of crèche times for an additional fee: perfect if you fancy a romantic dinner for two.
- Children’s dining Small children will love our High Tea, served from 5pm in the restaurant. Alternatively, dine together as a family between 6pm and 7.30pm. Our specially designed children’s menu contains options that are healthy and fun, with the option of toddler portion sizes.
- All-weather play You need never worry about the weather spoiling your children’s fun. The Verandah is a huge space chock-full of ride-on toys, trampolines, a skittle alley, indoor football pitch and under-fives soft play area.
- Outdoors Have fun with our climbing frame and sandpit, or join other little ones on a ‘Toddler Waddler’ – a guided walk through the grounds, discovering mini-beasts along the way.
- Swimming Splash around in our 5m x 3m baby pool, perfect for those under three, or take braver swimmers to try out the slightly bigger 1m deep beginner’s pool.
- Toddler equipment Don’t worry about carting along a mass of equipment: we’ll lighten your load by making sure your room is well stocked with toddler essentials such as toilet seats and night-lights.
To view our family rooms and check availability, click here.
Find the right child friendly hotel and an unforgettable child friendly holiday suddenly seems so easy. At Moonfleet Manor, we’ve got it all taken care of.
- Crèche For children up to eight years old, there is a wealth of activities and games on offer at our Ofsted-registered crèche. Pop in between 10am-12pm and 3pm-5pm every day for two hours of complimentary care and supervised arts, crafts, play and adventures.
- Indoor fun Weather needn’t cancel play: our Verandah has ride-on toys, table tennis, a pool table, a traversing climbing wall, air hockey, trampolines, a skittle alley and an indoor football pitch.
- Outdoor adventures Run wild and play on the trees and lawns, play tennis on our hard courts, try Geocaching, or walk along the coast path with Snoopy the spaniel.
- Swimming Bigger children can splash about to their heart’s content in our medium pool, or enjoy family fun in the largest, 1.4m deep pool.
- Family Escape Room With one hour to find the clues, solve the puzzles, and locate the riddle that will unlock the door, families can join together to see if they will be able to escape in time. The mission is simple yet challenging: using only your mind, imagination, logic and teamwork, find the clues, solve the puzzles and complete your mission. The challenges are created in such a way, so that every person can approach them whether you are 5 years old or 85 years old. Available Monday to Friday at 2, 3 and 4pm.
- Guided Fossil Walks During school holidays, Andrew - our resident gardener and fossil expert, offers the chance to do some fossil hunting right by the hotel. Each week there will be a list of days and times in reception that the walks can take place. It’s a couple of miles walk during the talk and you will get a chance to find Crinoid and other interesting Jurassic Coast Fossils. A great chance to find a fossil to take home with you!
- Flexible mealtimes Dine whenever it suits you, with your children or without. For them, we have the option of High Tea – an earlier meal from 5pm – or family dining from 6pm-7.30pm. Our children’s menu features age-appropriate portions and ‘mocktails’ for sophisticated young ones.
To find the perfect family room for you, click here.